“While cybercriminals, hacktivists, and ransomware often make a big splash in the news headlines, the reality is that the biggest security threat is often right in front of you. Insiders—people already in your organization—pose a pervasive security risk, whether their behavior is malicious or accidental. In fact, according to the 2016 U.S. State of Cybercrime report by CSO Magazine, insiders were the source (or cause) of the following:
- 50% of incidents where private or sensitive information was unintentionally exposed
- 40% of incidents where employee records were compromised or stolen
- 33% of incidents where customer records were compromised or stolen
- 32% of incidents where confidential records (i.e., trade secrets or intellectual property) were compromised or stolen.
- And with the rise of SaaS applications, it’s easier than ever to expose private or sensitive data, whether it’s intentional or not. New attack vectors and data leakage points are emerging in SaaS apps. As a result, a new type of insider threat is taking shape. What makes this new breed of insider threats especially insidious? It stems primarily from the well-meaning but negligent end user. In the age of SaaS, where end users interact with and share data freely, it can spell trouble.
- Featuring survey data from 500 IT professionals, proprietary product data from 2,000+ BetterCloud customers, and commentary based on BetterCloud’s 7+ years of industry experience, this is the most comprehensive insider threats report to date…”