Accurate, Focused Research on Law, Technology and Knowledge Discovery Since 2002

2021 ABA Profile of the Legal Profession

ABA Journal: “The COVID-19 pandemic prompted one-third of older lawyers to change their retirement plans, according to the 2021 ABA Profile of the Legal Profession released Thursday. Of those attorneys, 53% said the public health crisis caused them to delay their retirement and the other 47% said the pandemic spurred them to hasten their retirement. The ABA report says loss of income may have factored into older lawyers’ plans, with 36% saying they made less money during the pandemic and only 18% reporting making more money. These statistics and trends were among those included in the 141-page document that features a chapter highlighting the impact the COVID-19 pandemic had on different demographic groups within the profession. The findings are from a survey of more than 4,000 ABA members last fall and a follow-up survey of nearly 1,400 senior lawyers in March. “The 2021 Profile is a comprehensive, authoritative reference for lawyers, academics, journalists and the public,” ABA President Patricia Lee Refo said in a statement. “This year’s additional material reveals in detail the profound impact of the pandemic on the legal profession.”..

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.