C-SPAN – January 6 Hearings – First Open Testimony Before January 6 Committee. Held June 9, 2022. After months of closed door investigations, the House January 6 Committee held its first hearing with public testimony about what transpired-and why-during the assault on the U.S. Capitol. Users may search the transcript by choosing text, people or graphical timeline, filter by speaker, or search the text.
- See the PBS News Hour for analysis, commentary
- Washington Post – Officer gives chilling account of ‘war scene’
- Top Trump advisers did not believe election fraud claims had merit, new testimony shows
- From the Archives The Attack: Before, During and After By Washington Post Staff
- New York Times – Graphic Footage and Stark Testimony Show Depth of Jan. 6 Attack
- Trump ‘Lit the Flame’ for the Riot, Cheney Says – The House panel’s leaders, Bennie Thompson and Liz Cheney, began laying out what they described as a methodical conspiracy led by former President Trump.
- Backing the committee up were the words of Trump administration officials, played in excerpts from videotaped interviews. Follow updates.