“U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy (R-LA), ranking member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee, released a white paper – Exploring Congress’ Framework for The Future of AI – on artificial intelligence (AI) and the technology’s potential benefits and risks to society. Additionally, Cassidy requested feedback from stakeholders on the role of government in regulating the AI industry and how to ensure AI technology is designed, developed, and deployed in a responsible manner that protects Americans’ rights and safety. Cassidy hopes to use the feedback to better understand the effects of AI and how potential legislation and regulation could impact the creation and utilization of this technology… Specifically, the white paper examines AI’s potential to:
- Support research and development of new medicines.
- Enhance detection and treatment of current and emerging diseases.
- Relieve workload of health care providers.
- Secure Americans’ health data privacy.
- Ensure children’s access to quality education and supplemental services like tutoring.
- Impact curriculum in a manner that supports, not replaces learning.
- Strengthen Americans’ job security and safety in the workplace…”