Welcome to beSpacific and thank you for reading. Please consider donating to support the costs associated with my research provided free to you – see the Donate Button on the homepage – with my thanks in advance. This research is not automated – it is continuously delivered through the use of an agile, focused, subject matter expert process created by the author over decades of working in law firms, government, the media, and academia.
Sabrina I. Pacifici is the solo Author/Researcher of beSpacific, launched in 2002, providing accurate, focused research and knowledge discovery, highlighting primary, actionable resources from around the world. Sabrina is a founding member of the online legal and special libraries research communities, and an entrepreneurial, experienced editor, publisher, blogger, educator, web developer and expert subject matter researcher. Sabrina is also the owner, solo Editor/Publisher and Founder of LLRX.com® – Legal, technology and knowledge discovery resources on the “moving edge” for Librarians, Lawyers, Researchers, Academic and Public Interest Communities – launched in 1996.
Updated daily, beSpacific has a searchable database of over 45,000 posts on subjects including: the financial system, high profile government documents, privacy, cyber-security, civil liberties, knowledge management and strategic knowledge services, legal research, privacy, Congressional and regulatory issues pertaining to law and technology, copyright and intellectual property, climate change and the environment, the economy, education, tech related litigation, and the evolving role of libraries and librarians in all sectors.
BeSpacific – Top 100 Law Blogs, 2017 & 2016 – American Bar Association: “No one better has her finger on the pulse of the legal information world than Sabrina Pacifici, law librarian and author of the blog BeSpacific,” writes blogger Robert Ambrogi. “Launched in 2002, BeSpacific is one of the longest-running legal blogs and, remarkably, Sabrina seems more prolific today than ever. She posts multiple items every day, covering the gamut of law, technology and knowledge discovery and topics ranging from cybersecurity to legal research to government regulation to civil liberties to IP and more. For me, BeSpacific is one of my daily must-reads and has been for 14 years straight.”
- The Expert Institute Award for Best Legal Tech Blog went to beSpacific in 2018, 2017 & 2016.
- beSpacific was recognized as the Best Law Librarian Blog of 2014, 2013, 2011 and 2005, Best Overall Legal Blog of 2004; the Best Legal Support Blog of 2005; and was the recipient of the 2006 AALL/West Thomson Excellence in Marketing Award for Best Use of Technology.
- beSpacific was recognized by Degreed [July 2015] – the community of college students, professionals, and lifelong learners dedicated to advancing their education – in Search Tips: How to Finding Anything Online – Know Where to Get Free Data.
- Sabrina was honored with The Fastcase 50 award that recognizes the smartest, most courageous innovators, techies, visionaries, and leaders in the law – in 2012.
- She was profiled in the American Bar Association (ABA) Law Practice Magazine, December 2006 issue.
- She received the Special Libraries Association (SLA) Innovations in Technology Award in 2008.
- The March 15, 2006 issue of Library Journal included a special supplement, Movers & Shakers 2006 – The People Shaping the Future of Libraries. Sabrina was recognized in the Innovators category for her two sites, LLRX.com and beSpacific.
- The Researching Paralegal said of Sabrina in a June 2014 posting: “If you are not familiar with Ms. Pacifici, I encourage you to check out her blog. She is an extraordinary researcher.”
Sabrina tweets daily – at https://twitter.com/LLRX on a wide range of issues including: innovations in law and technology, knowledge strategies, the changing paradigm of libraries and communities of best practice, privacy, civil liberties, climate and environmental issues, big data, ethics, and cycling.
She also tweets at https://twitter.com/beSpacific where you can find the feed from this blog.
On Facebook, visit https://www.facebook.com/BeSpacific and https://www.facebook.com/pages/LLRX/119272754801249?ref=hl
After her “day job” Sabrina works on researching and learning so that she can effectively and productively edit and publish beSpacific and LLRX. She is a life long gardener, with extensive indoor and outdoor gardens, has rescued and adopted collies for decades, and volunteers as a trail cyclist and Master Ranger on the C&O Canal.
This is Sabrina’s independent, personal blog, and the views expressed here are her own and do not represent, nor are they affiliated with those of any organization, group or institution. Her rescue collies do provide insights daily, and she is pleased to give voice to them on BeSpacific.