Artificial Lawyer: “…Addleshaw Goddard’s seven pillars of innovation:
- R&D – Looking at what is coming in terms of new tech and experimenting with it. And how do we use the technology we have now to solve new problems?
- Internal client work – How do we help the lawyers at the firm, especially in terms of helping with a more data-driven approach?
- Client projects – Specific projects that clients come to the firm for. E.g. How to manage a big M&A deal and what tech and processes to apply to this.
- Document lifecycle – Looking at the whole contract lifecycle, with a strong focus on how to get key data out of these documents. This also includes the firm’s contract automation work.
- Products – The firm has developed several of its own products, such as one for due diligence for M&A deals, which is based on HighQ and helps all the parties in a deal to work via a single platform.
- Client relationships – Making sure the firm has the right tools to help their clients.
- Legal tech consulting – Tech consulting arm where clients come to the firm and Addleshaw Goddard helps them with a range of needs, including what tech tools are right for them.