“The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is processing previously withheld John F. Kennedy assassination-related records to comply with President Joe Biden’s Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies on the Temporary Certification Regarding Disclosure of Information in Certain Records Related to the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy, requiring disclosure of releasable records by December 15, 2022. The National Archives has posted records online to comply with these requirements.”
- Accessing the Release Files – The table here displays metadata about all the released documents. You can also download the spreadsheet as an Excel file (1.4 MB).
- Note: These records are very difficult to read. They are PDFs of more than 50 year old microfiche documents that include hand written notes as well as redactions.
- The documents herein also include references to other documents which were not retained and for which there is no record.
- If you have time to read any number of them, you will see names of government officials familiar to those of us alive when President Kennedy was shot.
- Reading these documents provides a view into historical government document management methods, tools and timelines.
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.