LLRX Articles and Columns for September 2023
- Adding a ‘Group Advisory Layer’ to Your Use of Generative AI Tools Through Structured Prompting: The G-A-L Method – The emergence of Large Language Models (LLMs) in legal research signifies a transformative shift – Dennis Kennedy
- Keeping Up With Generative AI in the Law – Rebecca Fordon
- AI in Banking and Finance – September 30, 2023 – This semi-monthly column by Sabrina I. Pacifici highlights news, government reports, industry white papers and academic papers on the subject of AI’s fast paced impact on the banking and finance sectors. Four highlights from this week: European Central Bank Is Experimenting With a New Tool: A.I.; UM expert testifies on the dangers of AI in banking; 80% of Large Enterprise Finance Teams Will Use Internal AI Platforms by 2026.; and Five Use Cases for CFOs with Generative AI. Q&A with Alex Bant.
- Taylor Swift and the end of the Hollywood writers strike – a tale of two media narratives – Professor Aarushi Bhandari
- The Truth About Hallucinations in Legal Research AI: How to Avoid Them and Trust Your Sources – Rebecca Fordon
- The Generations War comes to the law firm – Jordan Furlong
- Gliding, not searching: Here’s how to reset your view of ChatGPT to steer it to better results – James Intriligator
- Artificial Intelligence Tools and Tips – Jim Calloway, Director of the Oklahoma Bar Association’s Management Assistance Program and Julie Bays, OBA Practice Management Advisor
- Can you trust AI? Here’s why you shouldn’t – Security expert Bruce Schneier and data scientist Nathan Sanders
- LLMs Do Not Obviate the Need for UX – Legaltech Hub’s – Nicola Shaver
- Google Chrome just rolled out a new way to track you and serve ads. Here’s what you need to know – Erica Mealy
- AI in Banking and Finance – September 15, 2023 – Sabrina I. Pacifici
- Pete Recommends – Weekly highlights on cyber security issues, September 30, 2023 – Four highlights from this week: Four highlights from this week: Hundreds of millions of individuals’ personally identifiable information” is impacted by the privacy weaknesses, according to the Government Accountability Office; Report: Insider Cybersecurity Threats Have Jumped 40% in 4 Years; iOS 17: iPhone Users Report Worrying Privacy Settings Change After Update; and China Cyber Threat Overview and Advisories.
- Pete Recommends – Weekly highlights on cyber security issues, September 23, 2023 – Four highlights from this week: New Privacy Badger Prevents Google From Mangling More of Your Links and Invading Your Privacy; Microsoft AI team accidentally leaks 38TB of private company data; California legislature passes ‘Delete Act’ to protect consumer data; and Starlink lost over 200 satellites in two months.
- Pete Recommends – Weekly highlights on cyber security issues, September 16, 2023 – Four highlights from this week: Appeals Court Upholds Public.Resource.Org’s Right to Post Public Laws and Regulations Online; Hackers Are Salivating Over Electric Cars; and How Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa Target You With Ads.
- Pete Recommends – Weekly highlights on cyber security issues, September 9, 2023 – Four highlights from this week: Cars Are the Worst Product Category We Have Ever Reviewed for Privacy; Artificial Intelligence’s Use and Rapid Growth Highlight Its Possibilities and Perils; How To Stop Facebook Using Your Personal Data To Train AI; and CBP Tells Airports Its New Facial Recognition Target is 75% of Passengers Leaving the US.
- Pete Recommends – Weekly highlights on cyber security issues, September 2, 2023 – Four highlights from this week: CX [Twitter] to collect biometric, employment information from paid users and will use your twitter data to train Musk’s AI ; Hacking campaign bruteforces Cisco VPNs to breach networks; When Apps Go Rogue; NCSC Issues Cyber Warning Over AI Chatbots; and Is it safe to charge my phone at a public charging station?
LLRX.com® – the free web journal on law, technology, knowledge discovery and research for Librarians, Lawyers, Researchers, Academics, and Journalists. Founded in 1996.