Stone Temple: “Count on it: Google is going to optimize for the best combination of user experience/satisfaction (market share) and revenue on each of its platforms. What users expect on YouTube vs. Google Search is different. Stating that a bit more subtly, think of this as optimizing their ongoing revenue over time. With that in mind, we did what we always do at Stone Temple: We collected data on which videos rank in YouTube, and which ones rank in Google, and we analyzed it in detail.
What I’ll Share in This Post:
- Data that shows just how different the YouTube and Google algorithms for ranking videos are
- Additional data that will show some of the reasons for those differences
- An analysis of how the two algorithms differ
- A short, crisp YouTube Video Optimization Checklist
- A short, crisp Google Video Optimization Checklist…”