- “Try the govinfo API for easier access to documents and metadata from all three branches of the Federal Government.
- Use the API to request lists of new and updated govinfo content within several collections.
- Get machine-readable JSON summaries of packages or granules and direct access to content and metadata.
- Use an existing api.data.gov key, or request one for free.
- Send feedback and see planned enhancements.
As part of GPO’s continuing mission of Keeping America Informed, we aim to make it easier for developers and the public at large to access and work with the information available on govinfo. In support of this goal, GPO is pleased to announce the availability of a govinfo Application Programming Interface (API), a set of programming instructions and standards for accessing web-based software applications, web tools, or data. See detailed API documentation or learn about other developer tools including bulk data, sitemaps, and a link service on the Developer Hub. An api.data.gov key is required to use the govinfo API. Use an existing key or request one for free. You will receive a 40 character string that provides unique identification and access to APIs from agencies participating in api.data.gov’s service. To use a key, pass the key as a URL query parameter when making web service requests..”