BuzzFeedNews – text and Video: “”We’ve learned again that democracy is precious. Democracy is fragile. At this hour, my friends, democracy has prevailed.”…
- See also The New Yorker – “Joe Biden’s Love Letter to the Truth – On Wednesday, Joe Biden’s presence where pro-Trump rioters had recently smashed and looted was a victory for democracy and a rebuke of his predecessor…”
- See also the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies (JCCIC) – “The custom of delivering an address on Inauguration Day started with the very first Inauguration—George Washington’s—on April 30, 1789. After taking his oath of office on the balcony of Federal Hall in New York City, Washington proceeded to the Senate chamber where he read a speech before members of Congress and other dignitaries…”
- See also C-SPAN coverage of the swearing-in ceremonies and related events for the inauguration of Joe Biden as president and Kamala Harris as vice president of the United States.
- See also – “The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) today launched the Donald J. Trump Presidential Library website, which provides information on archived White House websites and social media accounts, as well as information on access to the records of the Trump Administration…”
- See also The New York Times – A Call for Unity to a Nation Facing a Pandemic and Division – “But it is still unclear whether President Biden can persuade enough of the nation to walk together into a new era…”