Washington Post – Attorney general will step away from any probe related to 2016 campaign, including Russian interference. “The announcement comes a day after The Washington Post revealed that Jeff Sessions twice met with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak and did not disclose that fact to Congress during his confirmation hearing. Democrats had been calling for weeks for Sessions to step away from the investigation, though he had resisted pressures to do so.”
- Annotated transcript of Sessions’s remarks
- Six times Sessions talked about perjury, access and recusal — when it involved the Clintons
- The Hill – Meet the Trump pick who could lead Russia probe
- The Hill – Kushner, Flynn met with Russian ambassador during transition
- The New York Times – Sessions Recuses Himself on Russia Inquiry Facing Criticism on Undisclosed Talks With Ambassador
- CNN – Sessions recusal: What’s next?
- Washington Post – Analysis | Your cheat sheet to four potential investigations of Russia and President Trump